Archive for September, 2006
- Focus Make sure your photos are in focus. I like to use my auto focus. Practice with your camera, and see which one you take better pictures with. If you have a hard time holding the camera steady when shooting the pictures, invest in a tripod.
- Lighting. Sunlight or direct light from a bulb or a flash can create hot spots and reflections in your photos. If you are shooting outside, you want to shoot in bright shade or on a cloudy day. You can also purchase or make a photo cube. http://www.creativepro.com/story/feature/19002.html
- Avoid clutter. Make sure the object your selling is the only thing in the photo. If you are shooting a car, drive the car to a park where you can shoot it with only trees in the background, instead of your garage or driveway. If you are shooting apparel, you should invest in a dress form or mannequin. Then place the mannequin against a wall draped with cloth to contrast the color and diffuse any shadows.
- Get close. When I photograph my items I try to fit the item in the screen or viewfinder with just a little bit of background framing the item.
- Background. I have 2 different backgrounds I use, black and white. But if you want a more professional look when you are shooting colorful objects, place a piece of colored cloth or craft paper behind the object. Pick a color that matches one of the minor colors –not the main color. For example if you were shooting a blue teapot that had other colors in the trim such as red or yellow, you would pick a red or yellow background paper. This is a trick used by professional photographers that will give your photo an image of more depth and help the main color pop (stand out) in the image.
- You accidentally enter a wrong bid amount
- The description of an item you have bid on has changed significantly.
- You cannot reach the seller. This means that you have tried calling the seller and the seller’s phone number doesn’t work, or you have tried emailing the seller and it comes back undeliverable.
Dear eBay Queen;
Dear eBay Queen;