Posts Tagged ‘calvin klein’
Dear eBay Queen;
I have been trying to figure out how to ship to an APO/FPO address. I don’t even know what APO/FPO means! It seems that they have different rules depending on where it is being shipped. Do you put any criteria on accepting sales for APO/FPO addresses? I currently have listed in my auctions that I do not accept APO/FPO shipping addresses. I heard you can not insure them, and that they are not a safe way for mail to travel. I could use a little guidance on this subject.
Thank you so much in advance for your help.
APO stands for "Army Post Office," and is connected with Army or Air Force bases. FPO stands for "Fleet Post Office," and is connected with Navy bases and ships. I ship to APO/FPO’s frequently, and I haven’t had any problems, other than a package arriving later than the buyer expected. Shipping to a military address is very much the same as shipping internationally. The package needs the following:
· Service member’s full name on the label
· Include the unit and APO/FPO address with the ZIP Code.
· Return address is mandatory
· Packages less than 16 ounces and less than $400 value need Customs Form 2976
· All packages/envelopes greater than 16 ounces, or with a value over $400, need Customs Form 2976-A along with 2976-E
According to the USPS website, you can add insurance to any APO/FPO package. Endicia and U-Pic will also insure items going to the military.
Here are some other things you might want to think about when shipping to the military:
- Packaging: Select a strong box with room for cushioning. If you are sending a recycled box, make sure you cover all of the labels and markings with a Sharpie, or wrap the package in sturdy brown paper. Tape the openings and reinforce the seams with 2 inch wide packing tape. The contents of the package should be wrapped in bubble wrap, (if needed,) and packed in Styrofoam peanuts, or double boxed if especially fragile.
- Batteries: The USPS recommends that you remove all batteries from the items before you ship them. Items with batteries have been known to turn on during shipment.
- Include a card describing the contents: Even with the best shipper packing up the item, things still sometimes arrive with the boxes falling apart. It’s always a good idea to including a card inside, listing the sender’s and recipient’s addresses, plus a description of the contents.
For more information on shipping to an APO/FPO go here: http://www.oconus.com/zipcodes.asp
Dear eBay Queen;
I’ve read your column for a while, and never thought in a million years I would have a VeRo violation. Last week I received and email from eBay stating that a new Calvin Klein bed skirt I had up for auction was being removed because: “The rights owner or an agent authorized to act on behalf of the rights owner, Coty Prestige Lancaster Group GmbH, notified eBay that this listing violates intellectual property rights. When eBay receives a report of this type of violation, we remove the listing to comply with the law.”
I couldn’t believe this, so I Googled “Coty Prestige Lancaster Group GmbH”. I found out that they are a perfume company and DO NOT have the rights to Calvin Klein Home items. I immediately sent the Coty Prestige Lancaster Group and eBay an email to let them know I think they made a mistake. Do you know what happened? They agreed with me! My item was re-instated, and both companies apologized to me!
Please let you readers know that sometimes it pays to question the rules.
LD; Ottawa, KS
I’m proud of you for doing your research, and figuring out that someone somewhere made a mistake. I know from experience, sometimes these small victories are the best.
Strange eBay item of the week: eBay item 320444024779 (enter this number in the eBay search box in the top right corner of the home page) Thanksgiving Day is almost here. Check out this fabulous Rhinestone Thanksgiving Turkey Brooch. SOLD $217.50 http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320444024779
Suzie Eads is a nationally known eBay marketer and eBay trained Education Specialist. She lives in Rantoul. Do you have a question for the eBay Queen? E-mail: email@example.com.