Archive for January, 2011
Each year our Girl Scout Service Unit does a all day craft day called "Winter Fun". I usually have some part in it, because well… I love crafts. Here is one of my crafty designs from this year.
Here's what you need:
- Fleece.. (we cut 100 fleece scarves that were 5.5" across.. on the fold)
- White felt for snowmen and women
- black felt for hat
- red felt for heart
- brown felt for arms
- orange for carrot nose
- glue (we used Tacky Glue)
- embroidery thread and needles (for older kids to embrodier the eyes)
- tiny black pom poms for the younger kids to use as the eyes
We couldn't get enough of one color fleece.. so we bought a couple of different colors.
Here's our diagram of the original.. we put on the board for the girls to make. I thought it was kind of cute that Mr. Snowman is giving Ms. Snowman his heart and she has her eyes closed.
To save time, we drew the the designs on the felt, and let the girls cut them out, and glue them on. Winter fun has all ages of girls from Daisy (Kindergarten) to Senior (High School).
Winter Fun isn't just for Girl Scouts.. we let #4 come and craft too!