Posts Tagged ‘girl scout’
For Winter Fun one of our crafts was bottle cap necklaces. These
are easy and fun to do. The supplies are a little tricky to find if
you don’t know where to locate them.
Here’s what you need:
Here’s a close up of the washers and magnets.
- Bottle Caps (you can get plain ones cheap on eBay) or recycle your own.
- Small magnets about 1/4 of the size of a dime. You need one for each necklace ( I bought these on eBay too)
- Cord. You can use anything.. but I found these faux suede adjustable necklace cord on.. where else? eBay.
- Buttons or charms
- Permanent marker
- paper (for the circles)
- clear “mod podge” type glue.
- small Stiff paint brushes
- toothpicks (sometimes help to place rhinestones or stickers)
- Stickers that will fit inside the bottle cap. (We bought ours at Hobby Lobby)
- Washers.. You will need as many of these as you are have cord for.
Cut out a paper circle and glue it to the bottle cap. You can see
that my circle is NOT perfect. If you have one of those Cricut things
you could use that to cut out more perfect circles.
Swipe a thin coat of glue over the paper.
Add some glitter.
Add a button.. and the thick modge podge type glue on top.. let it dry.
Add the magnet to the back of the bottle cap, and then attach it
to the washer on the necklace.. and you are done!
In the Fall of 2008 I took 41 girls and 7 adults to Camp Tongawood in Tonganoxie Kansas for 2 Days. Before you think that’s nuts.. you should know we camped in the Lodge. The Lodge at Camp Tongawood is awesome. It’s 2 story, and has a HUGE fireplace, fully functioning kitchen, showers and bathroom.
During this camping trip we had the Brownies for 1 day and the Juniors for both days. Saturday afternoon we were getting ready to work on one of our badges when we heard a knock at the lodge door. Some older girl scouts wanted to know if we wanted to go zip lining. One of the troops did not show up, and were we interested? Holy Smokes were we ever!
Listening to our instructions.
Each girl put their gear on.. (here’s #3)
Each Girl climbed the rope ladder to the very high perch
#3 looking Good..
Even K-State Fans had a good time..
Even the mom’s tried it!
After a cold day zip lining, nothing says Girl Scout like some warm Peach Cobbler!