I've been thinking about this a lot lately.
If you don't know it.. I live in a small town. Well, that's not true. I live outside of several small towns. When The Man brought me out here way back in 1994 I didn't like the small town life very much. I couldn't believe that a business could close up at 5:00pm, that you couldn't walk into a store without seeing someone you know, and that everyone was related in someway. (everyone but me.. I remedied this when I had 7 children.. now I have people that I am related too) 🙂
I'm involved in a lot of different things.
- daughter & (in-law)
- Youth Director
- eBay Queen
- write for the newspaper (about eBay)
- sit on several committees at my church
- Girl Scout leader
- Blog (not very well)
- Therapist ( see bullet point 1, 4 and 6)
- Movie & Tv lover
All of these things keep me pretty busy… so busy in fact that sometimes I don't even have time to notice what other people are doing with their lives. Which might be why I'm not finding fault with what they are doing with their lives… Which leads me to this thought… if all the people that complained and questioned how I:
- run youth group "she's does to much fun stuff, the gospel needs to be serious"
- don't run youth group "those kids are learning enough about Jesus"
- worship God
- don't clean
- make a profit "Can you believe what she sells that for?" (yes I actually know people that gossip about this)
- Teach my children
- don't teach my children
would just keep themselves busy with what made them happy.. they wouldn't worry about what I'm doing that makes me happy. Amen?