This is Bee Balm. I love the stuff. I love the way it looks and the way it smells. It smells all mint-y and sage-ish. But this Bee Balm.. this hot pink stuff was not planted in my garden by me.
Last year #1 found this purple bee balm growing wild in our back 20 acres. She dug some of it up and planted it next to my original bee balm…
(my original bee balm.. it's kind of a bubble gum pink color)
See the short bubble gum pink bee balm.. that's the original stuff. (Just ignore that BIG WEED…) The tall stuff all around it is the purple from the back field and the new stuff, the hot pink.
I don't understand how the cross pollination happened, why the stuff is so tall. But I love it!
I LOVE.. LOVE.. these plants. The first time I ever saw
spiderwort was on the side of the road near our land, and I
fell in love with it
1. 10 Pink Spiderwort Tradescantia Perennial $4.97 Seller: Abundanthealth_2008 Check it out HERE.
I love these plants. They come in a variety of colors,
and they smell lemony!
2. Bee Balm Jakob Klein Perennial ½ Gallon three plants $24.95 Seller: goodrootsperennials Check it out HERE.
3. Nikko Blue Hydrangea Plant $4.95 Seller Hollyhillfarms Check it out HERE.
4. Buddleia ‘Pink Delight’ 1quart Butterfly bush $4.49 Seller bloomin_acres. Check it out HERE.
5. Bat Face Mexican Heather Plant Cuphea. $9.99 Seller: hirtsgardens Check it out HERE.
I’ve been thinking about buying some plants on eBay. Have you ever done that? Here’s what I think I’d like..
1. Chinese Blue Wisteria 9.95 for 2 plants that are 2 years old
2. Mexican Heather Bat Face Flowers 9.99 for 1 plant.
3. Bee Balm Plants in Red 4.99 for 6 plants
4. Hibiscus Moscheutos Luna Plant 4.99 for 1 plant
5. Spiderwort 12 Purple Spiderwort plants for 4.99