I’ve been thinking about a way to describe my absence. I wondered how deep in a explanation I should give. I decided I would list some of them (in no particular order).
- My father died. He would not win any awards for being a father. He left this world with as many questions and problems as I can imagine one person dying with. He had more than 10 children, and only left 4 of them anything in his trust. (I was one of them) By doing this he created a situation between siblings that were on the receiving end and the ones that did not receive anything. Many of us have different biological mothers, he created a division there also. Money is missing, houses are sold, families are divided… yada yada yada.. it all equals unhappiness.
- I quit my job as a youth pastor at my church of 8+ years. This was harder on our family than I thought it would be. I don’t know if you go to church, or have ever had a job with a church, but this is one of the most rewarding, heart breaking, fun, challenging jobs I have ever had. Every member of our family served in some capacity at church. I miss being with the youth, serving and being with the friends that I saw each week. But not only did I miss this stuff and was in mourning, my family did also. You see I didn’t just quit my job, we left the church. We had no choice. Something happened at church that was not handled in the best way it should have been handled. It put children at risk and no one seemed to care. I am still pretty angry. We have visited a lot of churches. We have found one we like and are starting to get in the groove there, and even helped with VBS.
- #2 moved out, and it has changed how our family operates. We all miss him, he’s doing well, and lives close, it has just been a huge change for us.
- In May of 2016 I was offered a consulting job at a catalog company near me. They asked me to help grow their eBay business. I thought this would only be a week to a month long process, and here we are 2 years later. I am so grateful for this opportunity. It has not only taught me so much about running a business it has also keep my mind off feeling sorry for myself. Currently I am running the eBay and Outlet store for this company. I am very fortunate that I can work there or from home.
- Our family is doing well. The business my children have started have taken off. I am so blessed to have children that love me and a fantastic husband.
- My eBay business is doing very well. We have used some techniques to grow and it is working.
I try to not tell the world all that is wrong with me. I tend to stay quiet (except to my family) when I have something going on. It seemed a bit disingenuous to try to talk about great things going on.. when deep down I didn’t see anything as great. I hope this is the start of me blogging again. I miss it. I hope you missed me too.