All I can say about this post is.. What the French Toast? I’m posting this, because an eBay Concierge CS person told me that I was in the wrong. Read through this, and at the end, I’ll tell you what eBay said I did wrong. Why am I doing this? So that you won’t do what I did.
Here’s the story without the pics:
The buyer purchased one listing for 2 curtain valances. These valances were a sample, and the only one’s like it we had in inventory for the company I eBay for. They are located in the “eBay Warehouse” instead of the big warehouse. The significance of that is that it makes this a unique transaction for the picker and packer, so they remember this kind of thing.
- Buyer messages says they only received one item and they want a partial refund.
**I am on my way to eBay Open and can not log into the VPN at the company. So I am answering questions blind.**
- I respond apologize and tell them I need to ask the warehouse if they left it out.
- She wants a partial refund
- I once again let her know that I need to get back with her on Mon/Tues with the information but I will give her a partial refund OR I will give her a label to send it back.
- She proceeds to tell me she’s not sending it back and just wants a partial refund
Warehouse employee confirms that they shipped both AND I log into our shipping to see that the packages weighs more that 3lbs. Confirming that both were sent.
- I message the buyer ask them to open a return request. (they do) and I provide the label.
- The buyer calls me names, and refuses to send the item back wants partial refund.
- I call eBay. eBay tells me I am doing the right thing.
- More name calling and wanting a partial refund.
- I call eBay again and they re-assure me that she has opened a return request and that they are going to insist she send it back NOT give a partial refund.
- Saturday afternoon. They give her a partial refund and debit my account.
Any guesses why or what I did wrong?
Here’s how many times the buyer messaged me.
YES, that is 23 times
She told me she saw them on our site. Since these were samples, I knew we did not have any on our site. So I asked for proof.
**this is where I knew she received both of them, so I told her she would need to send them back.
So if you read through this mess. You saw that she threatened feedback and star extortion, she called me names, and refused to send the item back. So here’s the outcome:
eBay gave the buyer a partial refund and did not wait for the return case to time out. Why? They said “You agreed to give the buyer a refund but didn’t issue it.”
When I told the buyer I would give a partial refund OR I would give them a label, that means to eBay I agreed to give them the partial refund NO MATTER what. What I want to know is when the CS person at eBay reviewed the messages between the buyer and myself, did they think it was ok for the buyer to use feedback extortion and curse and call me names?
What do you think?