Posts Tagged ‘Movies’
I know I’ve said it before, but I love going to the movies. I’ve always wanted to sit and watch the Oscars, having seen the movies that they were talking about. This year when AMC Theaters advertised their Best Picture Showcase, I bought tickets.
#1 and I went to the Two Day event. We saw 4 movies on the 18th and 5 movies on the 25th.
Here’s is my movie rankings… (because you were dying to know what *I* thought about the Oscar movies)
9. Manchester by the Sea. I’m going to rent this one and re-watch it. I liked it, but it was a bit depressing. I keep thinking I missed something.
8. Moonlight. Good movie. Controversial subjects. Beautiful cinematography.
7. La La Land. This movie was bright, colorful and reminded me of an old time Hollywood musical.
6. Fences. I really liked this one. I disliked the main character something fierce.. but the acting was fantastic.
5. Arrival. This movie was good. #1 and I probably talked about this movie more than any other. Mostly because we disagreed on interpretation.
4. Hacksaw Ridge. This was a great story, a little too much gore for me.
3. Hidden Figures. I loved this movie.
2. Hell or High Water. This was probably my favorite movie. Jeff Bridges was great. I didn’t think I was going to like it, because I’m not crazy about westerns.
1. Lion. I loved this movie. It made me cry and made me think. I wanted to go rescue every child without a home in India.
While browsing eBay looking for something to be my "strange eBay item of the week" for my newspaper article… I came across this little number. So what do you think.. is this one slipper worth three million dolars?
Title of the Auction: The Wizard of Oz Red Ruby 1939 Movie Rare Slipper or Shoe
eBay Seller: benjewelry
Asking price: 3,000,000.00
eBay item number: 180606829948 or Check it out HERE
Auction Description: Guaranteed to be authentic! Shipping and handling charges include insurance. FOR ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE CALL 310-888-1818 and mention the specific eBay listing.
We have been in business for over 25 years in the heart of Beverly Hills.
Our unique location allows us to purchase the finest, most desirable items at bargain prices. We specialize in high end jewellery, luxury cars, collector's artwork and movie memorabilia.
We welcome you to come visit us and inspect in person the item you are interested in.
"The Dina Collection" is also known as ‘Jewelers to the Stars’. We are a Collateral Lender as well.
We pass those bargains to you in the hope that when you are ready to move up to the next plateau of fine jewelry, fine antiques or fine art, you will come back to us so we can serve you further.
Tuesday’s To Do List
1. Write up a few church eBay auctions.
2. Write Article.
3. Meeting @ 2:30
4. Figure out what we are going to do about dance this coming school year.
5. Meeting @ 6:30
7. Pick Up Eclipse Tickets.. Midnight Showing 🙂
8. wii Fit
9. Make copies for meeting
10. Get Movie..
11. Dinner= the frozen kind…
My children and I love movies. Mostly stupid comedies, where we can quote them until the Man says “UNCLE”. In case you didn’t know, The Man’s name is not Gregory. That line is from one of our favorite movies “Talladega Nights, The Ballad of Ricky Bobby”. Jean Giraud the formula one driver says; “Everyone, this is my husband Gregory.” For some reason this make my son laugh and laugh and laugh… #2 is like that.
We have a cat we name Haskell, as in Eddie Haskell from “Leave it to Beaver”. Ever since Ricky Bobby has come into our lives we no longer call him Haskell. He is now “Gregory”.
Here’s how it usually goes..
#2 Picks Gregory Up and holds him like a baby
They get cheek to cheek and he says “This is my husband Gregory”
And they spin as they were in love.
It makes me laugh every time he does it. Stupid I know.. Another movie we love is “Austin Powers The Spy who Shagged me” This movie has Dr. Evil, Mini Me and mini Mr. Bigglesworth (a hairless cat) Dr. Evil tells Mini Me: “No, Mini-Me, we do not gnaw on our kitty, we just stroke him and love him.”
We Do not Gnaw on our Kitty (You can hear it here)
Which brings us to this: I was downloading the the photos off my camera, and found this one..
#4 getting ready to gnaw on the kitty!
I laughed so hard.. I thought I was going to wet my pants. My kids are just weird like this. They get it from their father.