Posts Tagged ‘oscars’
I know I’ve said it before, but I love going to the movies. I’ve always wanted to sit and watch the Oscars, having seen the movies that they were talking about. This year when AMC Theaters advertised their Best Picture Showcase, I bought tickets.
#1 and I went to the Two Day event. We saw 4 movies on the 18th and 5 movies on the 25th.
Here’s is my movie rankings… (because you were dying to know what *I* thought about the Oscar movies)
9. Manchester by the Sea. I’m going to rent this one and re-watch it. I liked it, but it was a bit depressing. I keep thinking I missed something.
8. Moonlight. Good movie. Controversial subjects. Beautiful cinematography.
7. La La Land. This movie was bright, colorful and reminded me of an old time Hollywood musical.
6. Fences. I really liked this one. I disliked the main character something fierce.. but the acting was fantastic.
5. Arrival. This movie was good. #1 and I probably talked about this movie more than any other. Mostly because we disagreed on interpretation.
4. Hacksaw Ridge. This was a great story, a little too much gore for me.
3. Hidden Figures. I loved this movie.
2. Hell or High Water. This was probably my favorite movie. Jeff Bridges was great. I didn’t think I was going to like it, because I’m not crazy about westerns.
1. Lion. I loved this movie. It made me cry and made me think. I wanted to go rescue every child without a home in India.
While I sit and watch the Oscars… I was thinking. “What would the mother of 6 wear to the Oscars?” This probably…
But if we pretend that I’m going to the Oscars… Here’s what I would wear…
I wonder if I could walk in this?
Prada Couture Evening Red Carpet Evening Gown $2199.9 by eBay Seller smarterholic Check it out HERE
Jovani Red Carpet Couture Evening Gown $3443.75 by eBay Seller: chic*fabulous*finds Check it out HERE
Hello.. vintage gown…
Vintage 1950’s Fiery Ruby Red Velvet Evening Gown $425.00 by Etsy Seller SweetMoonlightShop Check it out HERE
I wasn't sure about this dress. because of the red sash..
but the dress eventually won me over..
The back.. of the dress..
Vintage 1950’s Frank Star Evening Gown $350.00 by Etsy Seller PurpleSparkles Check it out HERE