Dear eBay Queen:
I’m freaking out. I don’t know what to do. I need more inventory to list on eBay. I know I will never be able to list the 50K listing eBay has given us this April, but I’d like to make a dent. I also really miss hunting for product. Do you have any suggestions for me?
The 5oK listing was a fantastic gift from eBay. I won’t ever hit that either, but I’m trying. I’m sure you’ve heard of the term arbitrage. That is the practice of taking advantage of a price difference between two or more markets. eBay arbitrage would be buying items at lower than usual prices and then selling them for a profit. A successful arbitrager is one that knows the worth of the product. There are so many places to buy online and then turn around and re-sell them on eBay. I’m not sure what you normally sell or what product you know best. I know that you can find something online in these places.
Here are a few suggestions:
- eBay. 15 years ago I was really into quilts. I would surf eBay for quilts that were at a low price or had bad/limited photos. I made a pretty good living buying and selling quilts. Maybe there is something you know about you can could look for to re-sell.
- Amazon. There are so many videos and websites that talk about buying items on Amazon and re-selling them on eBay
- Department stores There are many department stores that are taking deep discounts on their product. Shop for items you can re-sell
- Facebook Marketplace Someone is always giving away or selling something on Facebook.
- Goodwill Did you know that Goodwill runs it’s own website/auction where you can buy product?
- Neighbors Message your neighbors. Maybe they have something they can set out for you to come get.
- You What do you have in your house you could sell? Do you have old clothes? What about any death piles (the stuff you’ve put off listing?)
I hope this gives you a few ideas of how to find inventory to help meet your listing goals.
Crazy eBay Item of the Week: Vtg Amish Quilt Diamond In A Square Fabulous Jewel Tones Hand Sewn Lancaster PA SOLD $510.00 Check it out HERE