Posts Tagged ‘Happy New Year’
I think I make resolutions every year. I keep some.. some I don't. Here are the one's I think I'm making this year.
- Exercise.. not to lose weight (but if I do it's a bonus) but to be able to run after #6 when I'm like 84 or something.
- Make my e-commerce website a priority.
- List more junk on Amazon… even if it takes me FOREVER.. (just do it)
- Figure out if I really need 9 email addresses.
- Go out with The Man at least twice a month
- Take time to hang out with friends.
- Plan more event things to do at Youth Group
- Get the City Wide Youth Group Leader thing going
- Clean and organize the closet's and dressers in my house
- Get the kids rooms in order
- Make my laundry room more pleasant
- Take a vacation with the family
- Have more get togethers at our house
- Get a freakin' hair cut. I haven't had my hair cut since HERE (October of 2009)
- Grade my papers the week they are done.. and put them in my grading program.
- Spend more quality time with my children individually.
I know there are more.. but that's all I can think of right now.
One of my favorite quotes..
New Years is a weird time for me.. I've always wanted to be a resolution kind of girl.. but I never really keep them.
This year I'm a little too superstitious to make any resolutions… It hit me yesterday that I was *REALLY* going to have a 6th child… Does a mother with *that* many children need to make a resolution? Does a soon to be mother of a newborn, with MY advanced maternal age need to make any resolutions besides.. SLEEP MORE?
What I'd like my resolutions to be:
- Give birth and walk out of the hospital looking like a movie star
- clean and organize the 2nd story of my house
- clean and organize my kitchen cabinets
- install the knobs on my cabinets
- grade all my papers within 2 days of them being completed by my students
- Iron The Man's shirts
- Get all my junk on my website
- Clean the basement
- travel more
What's probably going to happen:
- Give birth and leave the hospital looking like I looked when I walked in the place
- beg my children to clean their rooms.. and they shove everything into the closet
- Clean the junk drawer and realize this is just too much work
- realize the holes aren't drilled and give up on this.. as I've done every year..
- grade my papers at the dining room table.. at midnight before the semester ends.
- iron one of his shirts on the 2nd of January and realize I was not made to iron…
- See this blog
- HA! Really.. this is funny..
- All I need is money.. unless you are talking about traveling to the post office..